Tea Tree Facial Wash and Moisturizer by Superdrug and Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash of The Body Shop


Tea Tree Facial Wash and Moisturizer by Superdrug

By Superdrug

Why Use Tea Tree Oil?

Tea tree oil is indigenous to Australia.  It is a natural antiseptic that you can use on acne and other skin conditions such as fungal infections and dandruff.  I use Superdrug's Tea tree Spot Stick (you can read my blog by clicking the link: http://averagezy.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-skin-condition-very-oily-skin.html) whenever I have pimple breakouts.  It takes 2 to three days to dry and clear them up. 

Superdrug Tea Tree Facial Wash


  • Light green gel in formulation.  Gel is not too jelly nor watery.
  • Smells fresh and spicy and minty!
  • With peppermint oil.
  • 150 ml
  • Pareben Free.
  • Tube in packaging.













Experience

Unlike other facial wash that will tighten your face, this one will retain some moisture on your skin.  And most importantly, it doesn't break me out and prevents them from popping up :)

Importance of Moisture

Why do we need moisture retention in our skin?  Four years ago, I had really bad acne, most of them are cystic (this is the reason why I have deep scars on my face).  My nanay (mother) was irritated by the way I look. Covering it with makeup is just making it worst.  She brought me to a dermatologist, and she found out that I am also suffering from rosacea.  My skin got really irritated and became very sensitive because I stripped off the top layer of my skin by sitting with soap suds for more than a minute. I stripped off my skin's natural moisture.  If you don't retain your skin's moisture you will become susceptible to irritation, and dryness.


Superdrug Tea Tree Moisturizer

  • Mint-white lotion in formulation
  • Smells fresh with a hint of mint
  • Formulated with natural tea tree and peppermint oils and aloe vera extract.
  • 30 ml.
  • Paraben free.
  • Cylindrical container with pump.





Experience

What I like about this moisturizer: 
  • It doesn't break me out.  
  • It is cool on the skin, and I like the minty smell.  
  • I also like that it is matte when applied. 
The downside
  • It doesn't do much for my skin. 
  • I do not like their packaging.  
  • The pump is not doing a great job of siphoning the lotion.  It took me time to get the content out.  
  • 30 ml doesn't last long because a pea size is not enough to cover my face and neck.

The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash


By The Body Shop




  • Formulation is much like 'Watery-Gel'.
  • Light green in color.(but darker than Superdrug's tea tree facial wash)
  • Smells leafy, fresh, and minty.
  • Their tea tree oil is organically grown.
  • 250 ml.
  • Bottle packaging.






















Experience

What I like:
  • Gentle
  • Prevents me from breaking out and dries up pimples.
  • Cool on the skin and smells fresh.

Downside:
  • The formulation is too watery.
  • Expensive

Tea Tree Facial Wash Face-Off: Superdrug Vs. The Body Shop

The Body Shop's Tea Tree Facial Wash is gentler and costs more, while Superdrug's is suitable for vegans, paraben free, and affordable.  When it comes to effectiveness, they are both doing their job to keep my skin from breakouts.

For me, I will purchase the Tea Tree Facial Wash again from Superdrug.

Price (estimate)

Superdrug's Tea Tree Facial Wash and Moisturizer:          Php 120-150
The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash:     Php 440-470


Always Seek the Advice of Your Doctor


Thanks for Reading :)



Reference:
**"" http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f02/web1/mrhyu.html

Comments

  1. Thank you for posting this! My skin sounds almost identical to how you've described yours to have been and I havent found a cure anywhere! I was wondering whether any of the products mentioned have been benifitial to your scarring or redness? Or if you have used anything else that has helped, as my skin is strating to take over my life in a bad way... Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Al! According to my dermatologist, for us not to have acne scarring we must first prevent them from coming out of our face. Acnex by Pharmaclinix has helped my skin in preventing pimples from popping out like mushrooms. and Clinique Acne Solutions has been good to my skin. About acne scars, I bought a Murad Moisturizer but not for myself but for my brother, and it seems that the product is helping on making the acne scars fade. But first things first, you must visit your Dermatologist to check on your condition. Thank you for reading and I hope this will help :) Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts