Once Upon a GM Diet (General Motors Diet)

*Talk to a nutritionist or any health professional if you want to consult about your diet. This blog is not to be taken as an alternative to professional advice. 

Doing A Diet Program was not on my bucket list.  I only did it because of money.  Whoever loses more weight will win $80. I did this diet with my older brother.

Some of the food you are going to see in this blog were prepared by my brother.


*What You Can Eat and Drink During the Program
  1. Water (flavored with lemon/lime if desired).
  2. Club Soda is OK.
  3. Black Coffee. No cream or cream substitute. No sugar or sweetness.
  4. Black Tea = Herb or Leaf.
  5. Absolutely nothing else except the fruit juices which are part of day seven. No fruit juices before day seven.
*G.M.'S Wonder Soup
The following soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. It can be eaten at any time of the day in virtually unlimited quantities. You are encouraged to consume large quantities of this soup.

My brother's version of GM Wonder Soup

*Additional Comments
Vegetables may be taken in the form of a salad if desired. No dressing except malt, white or wine vinegar, squeezed lemon, garlic, and herbs. No more than one teaspoon of oil.

THE PLAN 


*Day One All fruits EXCEPT Bananas. The first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume Lots of Melons on the first day. Especially Watermelon and a Loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on the first day are huge.

Side Story: 1st day is a piece of cake. 


*Day Two All Vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.

Side Story: My worst day of the diet plan. But before I experienced hell, I experienced heaven.  I started my day eating mashed potatoes.  I'm not a fan of mashed potatoes but the taste was delightful. I figured out that maybe I was just starving.  After that, I felt weak and I am unable to focus, so I slept for 3 hrs.  I ate veggies and sip soup for the rest of the day, but still felt weak. Night came and I exercise even though my head is aching. It got worse because aside from my burning head and weak body, I could not think properly. I was so emotional that I did not eat, so I slept again.


*Day Three Mixture of Fruits and Vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. NO Bananas yet.  NO Potatoes today.

Side Story: We had an errand, so I had to bring lots of fruit.  
                  This day is like a fiesta. I was so happy I was able to eat veggie meat! I know I'm cheating, but I did not care. Hahaha! I ordered everything I want to eat, from barbecue to fresh lumpia, chop suey, and some veggie meat. 


*Day Four Bananas and Milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities.



Side Story: I almost perfected this day. I only ate 8 bananas and drank 3 glasses of milk. The only flaw is one of the bananas I ate was sugar-coated. hehehe...


*Day Five Today is a feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.
Side Story: I love this day! My brother made beef broccoli and grilled beef. Heaven! But I ate in portions but was still happy.


*Day Six Beef and vegetables. Today you may eat an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables. Eat to your heart's content.
Side Story:  This day was a piece of cake.


*Day Seven Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices, and all the vegetables you care to consume.

Side Story: We used black rice since it's the one available.


Does it Work?


While doing the diet plan, I was literally always checking on my weight.  Every after meal and after working out.  I also exercise for 20 to 30 minutes.  I was killing myself for $80.  The diet claimed that, "After seven days you will begin to feel lighter because you will be lighter by at least 10 lbs."  Did it deliver? No, it did not, for me. Although I lost 3.3 pounds (1.5 kilos) after 7 days.  I was really disappointed after my last weigh-in because this diet worked for my brother.  Just after 1 day he already lost 2 kilos (with exercise and other activities) and we ate the same food. Well, what works for others may not really work for you, because of some factors to consider. 



Side Effects

What I experienced during a week's diet plan

- Irritable
- Out of Focus
- Malaise
- Nausea
- Weakness
- Headache

Other Things


I was expecting to feel unwell while doing the diet. I thought of having colds or fever. But it did not happen. 

Am I going to repeat the GM Diet Plan? Definitely not.  I can lose 1.5 kilos without killing myself from starvation.


HEALTH is WEALTH :D

Comments

  1. This tutorial is indeed useful. I have just downloaded it. Thanks again.gm diet plan<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start guys...I went through the website and I found that you made decent point here. Keep up the topic that everyone can choose one of the best. Thanks. …gm diet plan,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this entire post and all of the photos you chose! gm diet

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels so nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. Really thank full to you for starting this. gm diet

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much @avery raison :) have you tried the plan already?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment