Mario Badescu Acne Repair Kit


Mario Badescu Acne Repair Kit 
Drying Lotion, Drying Cream, Buffering Lotion



Skin Condition:
  • Very Oily Skin
  • Pimple/Acne breaks out Occasionally
  • Uneven Skin Tone, Redness and Visible Pores
  • Never Ending Problem about Acne Marks




(from left to right) Drying Lotion, Drying Cream, Buffering Lotion

When I was in college, I read rave reviews (from readers) from magazines that Mario Badescu made their skin free from acne, that it's very effective, and all the positive things you want to happen to make your face free from acne.  My long-term memory stored the information, so when I had the chance to try it (after 10years!) I bought this set for myself to see if a miracle will happen.

Buffering Lotion



  • Solution smells like powdery isopropyl alcohol.
  • Has white sediments that you need to shake every use.
  • 29 ml 
  • Plastic container.







Buffering lotion is formulated for Cystic Acne. Buffering lotion's white sediment is very challenging to combine with the liquid formula. In my case, I'm always having a hard time shaking it, afterall it is not everyday that I have cystic acne.  The effect also depends on how severe your cystic acne will be, some acne dries overnight and some last for 3 days before they dry.

How To Use

Nighttime: After shaking, I turn the bottle upside down and squeeze it a bit to get the formula and dab it on the affected area.


Drying Lotion

  • Solution smells of camphor with a spritz of isopropyl alcohol.  If you are familiar with Vicks they both have a distinctive odor, only lighter.
  • Sediment is very fine like loose powder.
  • 29ml
  • Glass container
  • DO NOT SHAKE SOLUTION
 

I use a cotton swab to dip in the solution. I love how it smells, it's minty and fresh and it has a cooling effect.  Depending on the condition of the pimple, there are nodules that will dry overnight and there are others that will take 3 days.

I use this formula for mild bumps on my face.






Pink Sediment
How To Use

First and Foremost, Never Shake the Formula.  With a cotton swab, dip it in to get the solution and dab it on the affected area. Let it dry.

Dried Formula

Use the formula before going to sleep.  You might not want to go outside after using this because you will end up looking like a pink-dotted leopard. 


Drying Cream







  • Smells like sulfur.
  • Lightweight cream.
  • Cream looks like there's brownish oil. 
  • 14ml.
  • Small round plastic container.


To be honest I hate using this product because I do not like the smell. To make it worse odor last long. It gives me a head throb. Though I don't like it much, I still use it. I find the formula handy during the daytime (USE SUN BLOCK WITH SPF30+ when the sun is up). There are times that I use this as a pimple controller (I feel it can act as a prevention) I dab it where white heads are visible.


Conclusion

Though the kit is effective, it is as effective as any other product. But the Buffering Lotion is a product I've never seen before because it is especially formulated for cystic acne.

The Drying Lotion. I'm in love with products that are minty and fresh, so I like it. But as I said it's just as effective as others like the Tea Tree Spot Stick of Superdrug.

Drying Cream, I dread the smell, but I have to use it or else I'll be wasting money. Acnex Clear is just as effective as this one.


Bought at Mario Badescu Online


THANK YOU FOR READING :)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR

Comments