Maybelline's: the Hyper Curl and the Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof

I once read that there isn't much of a difference in the formula between mascaras, whether it may be high-end or drugstore mascara. Prominently, the secret to having thick, curly, long lashes lies on the brush.  I haven't tried high-end mascaras, and I think I will never dare because of the way these two mascaras work. It definitely does its job to make my lashes long and curly.
          
My Lashes

I am perfectly fine with my lashes. I don't feel insecure about it.

Packaging

       They're cute! and Waterproof (for real).


the Hyper Curl

the Falsies
(the word itself made me decide to buy it!)

Wands, Brushes, and Formulation

Every Maybelline mascara that I bought never failed to meet my expectations. The first mascara I bought from Maybelline was their Unstoppable, and it did not do much difference on my lashes.

Moving on with their Volum' Express, their brushes are the same shape.
  • The formulation of Falsies is heavier on lids than Hyper Curl
  • The Falsies wand is a bit broader and longer (picture below).
  • And the wand is flexible.









  • Hyper Curl is Smaller than Falsies.




How Do I Use It?

  • Wiggle the wand way up starting from the base of your lashes.  Doing so will give a cleaner, less-clumpy lashes. 

You need to know that:
  • You should not pump your wand like pumping a flat tire.  If you do this, you are hastening the life of your mascara.  It will dry up the formula fast. If this happened, you could put the container of the mascara in a hot water. Check if the formula has melted.
  • You can apply another coating once the formula dries up to avoid clumping while giving you fuller look.
  • Clean your brushes.


Note:  Every review that I made (and I will make) is according to my experience.

Results

Before
 


After

Note: I did not use Curler to see what these mascaras can offer. 


Money Matters: Hyper Curl costs Php250 and Falsies Php450.  In my opinion, Hyper Curl will do just fine.  Just curl your lashes, it will make wonders to make your look dramatic.  But I love Falsies :) I love how it looked on my lashes.
  
To remove the formula, you can use Olive Oil (feel free to check my blog about it: http://averagezy.blogspot.com/2014/02/olive-oil-and-johnsons-baby-shampoo-duo.html ).
Thanks for Reading! :)

Comments