Philosophy's: The Microdelivery Peel Review

Skin Condition:
  • Very Oily Skin
  • Pimple/Acne breaks out Occasionally
  • Uneven Skin Tone, Redness and Visible Pores
  • Never Ending Problem about Acne Marks


The Microdelivery Peel by Philosophy




I did not know about this product until I saw my fave b(v)logger using it.  


 step by step procedure (My apologies for the blurred image)

I read reviews about this product and almost everybody has the same experience.  Mostly positive and rave reviews. I got carried away by the positive effect of the product so finally decided to order online.


Vitamin C/ Peptide Resurfacing Crytals



  • It smells like orange-flavored juice/candy.
  • Lemon in color
  • Made of Fine-Crystals. Grainy feel.
  • The Formula is compact in a container.

  • 2 oz./ 56.7 g in size (a bit smaller than my palm)




How to Apply

*step 1 - vitamin c⁄peptide resurfacing crystals - apply a teaspoon amount to clean, dry 

skin. once applied, crystals should appear almost like a mask. gently massage in a 

circular motion over entire face for up to 60 seconds, avoiding eye area. do not scrub. (use less pressure for sensitive skin.) 


The way I use mine. I always have a clock when I'm Using these two.


Lactic/ Salicylic Acid Activating Gel




  •  The formula smells like plastic. Smells terrible.
  • Clear Gel formulation
  • 2 fl. oz./ 59.2 ml in size (they look small)



 How to Apply


*step 2 - lactic⁄salicylic acid activating gel place a generous teaspoon amount in the palm of your hand. massage gel onto fingertips, and apply on top of crystals. as activator is applied, a warming sensation will occur. white foam will appear, indicating activation. leave foam on 2-3 minutes to infuse vitamin c and peptides into the skin. (you can massage foam for extra exfoliating benefits or let it sit for sensitive skin.) rinse thoroughly. (you can use a washcloth for removal, to avoid getting the peel in your hair).


What Does My Skin Have to Say?

There is a burning sensation when I applied the product on my face.  It felt very uncomfortable. I thought of washing my face with cold water right away, but I waited until the prescribed time. After 2-3 mins. I washed my face. My skin feels smooth, feels clean, also my face is really red, but it did not last long.  I waited for a few days** hoping that I will see a major difference on my skin. I was hoping to get the same results, as most of the testimonies were mostly positive. Also the product claimed:
  • helps to gently resurface skin
  • helps to rejuvenate and revitalize the skin
  • helps to infuse with vitamin c
  • provides secondary exfoliation
  • helps to minimize appearance of pores, lines and wrinkles
I was really hoping this product to help me overcome my acne problem. My impression was, this was going to be microdermabrasion at home. Also, I thought I will not be needing to see my dermatologist.  I continued to use the product hoping that it will do more for my skin besides the smoothness. Unfortunately, that is all what the product can offer to my skin.

*    2nd use doesn't burn anymore 

How Much does it Cost?

I can't remember the site where I ordered the product.  But I do remember the price.  Price is $60 plus tax and delivery.  Originally this cost $68 (Philosophy site, Sephora).  I only surf the net for coupons and discounts.  

Conclusion

I am definitely not going to buy this product again.  Expensive and ineffective for me.  I prefer the Black Sugar Mask of Skin Food. It does the same thing for my skin for a fraction of the price.

***  Not all skin are the same. The product that works for you might not work for me.


TRUE BEAUTY IS FROM WITHIN :)

Comments